[mythtv-users] Can Myth do multiple Tuners with different, EPGs?

Rich Stanton stantonrj at Cf.ac.uk
Wed Apr 19 13:32:33 UTC 2006

mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org said the following on 19/04/2006 14:22:
> Hi Rich
>
> The answer is "Yes" :-)
>
> In Myth you set up video sources. It's the video sources that get the data
> from the EPG.
> You then set each tuner input to use the appropriate video source.
>
> In your case you'd set up two video sources "Digital" and
> "Cable/Analogue".
> You then set up each tuner input as follows:
> DVB card port 1 - "Digital" video source
> DVB card port 2 - "Digital" video source
> Analogue tuner - "Cable/Analogue" video source
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> Any channels that overlap on the two video sources (such as BBC1) will
> need
> to be configured as separate channels. I've read that Myth will understand
> that they're actually the same channel if you ensure that the
> callsigns are
> the same - I've not tested this though.
>
> Incidentally, what DVB capture card are you considering?
>
> Steve

Thanks for the replies - good to know it can do it :)

I haven't got as far as deciding which card yet - I'd like to use one of
the newer dual DVB tuners, but I haven't looked into linux/Myth
compatability yet.  That first questions was crucial as to whether I
could do this project atall, now I know Myth can do what I want I can
look at tuners.