[mythtv-users] Possible bug in scheduling logic?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 19 06:34:02 UTC 2006

I had 2 shows that conflicted, one at 12:00 with priority 10, and one at
12:10 with priority 0, different channels of course, and I only have one
tuner. It had correctly autoscheduled the one at 12:00 because of it's
priority (and it was first).

I decided I wanted to record the second one instead, so I used Mythweb
(if that makes any difference) and forced it to record the second show
(at 12:10). However, it still showed the first one as going to be
recorded as well, i.e. both were set to record - obviously it cannot
really do this.  So I set the 12:10 show back to normal default
scheduling (and it again showed as not going to be recorded), then I
changed it's priority to greater than the the 12:00 show (I set it to 99
actually).

This worked, i.e. it was scheduled to be recorded and the priority 10
show at 12:00 showed as NOT going to be recorded.

Shouldn't the first thing I tried (forcing the 12:10 show) have caused
Myth to deschedule the 12:00 show, as It knows there is a conflict and
that it cannot do it?

What would it have actually done - would it have recorded 10 minutes of
the 12:00 show, then switched to the other one at 12:10 ?