[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV SVN on Fedora Core 5

Yeraze.27524549 at bloglines.com Yeraze.27524549 at bloglines.com
Tue Apr 18 21:25:05 UTC 2006

You weren't able to include that path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LD_LIBRARY64_PATH
and get it to work?

Just asking because I have to do that on a regular
basis around here for various apps.

--- Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org
wrote:
Working along, trying to build a MythTV system on an AMD64 machine,

> I encountered the following bump in the road.
>
> The output of ./configure
--enable-dvb
> was "You must have the Lame MP3  encoding library installed
to compile
> Myth."
>
> Eventually, I read through the actual configure
script file and found that
> it was
> looking for a file named "libmp3lame*",
where the '*' is a wildcard
> character.
> But, it wasn't looking in the
right place.  To help the configure script
> along,
> I added the line,
"/usr/lib64", at the bottom of the file,
> "/etc/ld.so.conf".
> And followed
that bit of editting with the command, "/sbin/ldconfig".

> After those
few steps, ./configure --enable-dvb ran just fine.

> I'm posting this
either as a possible solution to a minor problem, OR,
> as a bad idea.  Naturally,
I'm hoping it's the former.  But if you know that
> it's the latter (a bad
idea), then please post some alternative to the steps
> above.
>
> I haven't
gone beyond the ./configure step - out of time until tomorrow.
> So, it could
still all blow up, but right now the signs are positive for a
> successful
MythTV build.