[mythtv-users] New motherboard, no PCI

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Apr 18 17:29:18 UTC 2006

Warren wrote:
> I am getting a prototype of a new motherboard, which, if it makes it
> into mass production could be an amazing FE board.  I would however like
> to see if it can make a good backend as well.  The problem is that it
> has no PCI slots.  Only 2 miniPCI (actually 3 but 1 is used) and 2 PCMCIA.
>
> What are my choices for SDTV and HDTV capture given this configuration?

About nil at present, without a workaround. There are, to my knowledge
no mini-pci based tuner cards.

HOWEVER, interface masters
http://www.interfacemasters.com/products/pci_tools/im380/index.html

make a mini-pci to pci adapter with a flexible cabke between the two
parts. It will take one 3.3v and one 5.0v pci card.

Might just do the trick...
Geoff