[mythtv-users] PVR-350 purple and green monolith

Paul Fowler Paul.Fowler at reuters.com
Tue Apr 18 08:46:45 UTC 2006

My PVR-350 was working fine, I had X-Out, Sky TV capture on the 350, and
two other DVB capture cards.
I have FC4-1653, I use ivtv 0.4.x and Myth 0.18.
The Watch TV and Playback all worked fine.

At the start of april I took the plunge and upgraded to Myth 0.19
And something in the process upgraded ivtv to 0.4.4

However now, all recordings work fine, I can preview them in Media
Library, but when I watch Live TV or Media Library playback I get a
weird purple and green blocky (non-animated) monolith slightly offcentre
against a black background. Basically nothing will playback, (nothing
except a couple of old pvr350 recordings from last november). However
the frontend gui is working fine and X-Out is fine too.

In my attempts to fix this I have tried rolling back to an older version
if ivtv, but repositiory issues have prevented this as dependancies have
moved on also the atrpms repo thinks I need to upgrade to a smp kernel,
which I doubt very much.

I have rebuild ivtv driver from source code 0.4.4 from ivtvdriver.org
I have checked the firmware filenames and init mpeg file (which are in
/lib/modules as I have no hotplug directory and used ln -s to link all
names so that I only have one version of each file)

I also noticed that after playing the old pvr 350 recording, newer dvb
recordings do play ok but squashed to the same space which the monolith
occupied. On my 14inch tv the monolith is about 15cm tall, 4cm wide and
is located just right of centre.

Also can anybody confirm the correct settings for pvr350 output in myth,
I may have inadvertantly switch on the wrong mpeg library. I do have use
pvr350 output hardware ticked on.

Any help appreciated.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.