[mythtv-users] PVR-350 purple and green monolith

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 18 09:06:53 UTC 2006

It sounds like you are using Xv for playback and the
mpeg file wasn't found at start time.
To try this cp the mpeg file to the video out device

dd if=/lib/modules/....mpg /dev/video16 bs=64k

The newere dvb recordings in myth will only play back
via the Xv driver even if the use pvr350 output option
is selected since they are of a form that the 350
won't decode.
As for why they are squished i am not sure but you can
change the aspect ratio setting and that may well be
part of the problem along with maybe having overscan
setup and needing to run the gui & playback with
different settings.

John
John