[mythtv-users] Can't get any output from mythrename.pl

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 03:24:54 UTC 2006

I'm running 0.19 from ATrpms and I've just found mythrename.pl. When I
run it I get no output to the screen or any links created in
/video/show_names/. This is even if I run it with the --verbose
option.

I put a print statement in and so I know the code is reaching here:
# Create symlinks for the files on this machine
    while (my $ref = $sh->fetchrow_hashref()) {

but after that who knows?

Is there some sort of configuration that has to be done to this script
to make it work? I got the impression it would work out of the box as
it looks at mysql.txt.

Perhaps I don't have some packages that are required:
# Includes
    use DBI;
    use Getopt::Long;
    use File::Path;
    use File::Basename;
    use File::Find;

but surely it would give an error message then.

The version info at the top of the file says: