[mythtv-users] Remote Frontend Hardware

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 18 02:54:00 UTC 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Matt a mythtv user wrote:

> I'm looking at building a small, preferably flash memory based, system
> so I can watch TV on a remote TV in a different room.  I would like to
> see if anyone has had any good luck with some hardware. I know some
> peaple have installed mythfrontend on some out of the box systems.
>
> any help would be nice

If you are talking about SD only you should look into the MediaMVP.

The upgrade to 0.19 broke the live TV capability, but I think that
will get resolved  in the not-too-distant future.

You can find them on sale for $40 or less, they have no hard drive
and have an IR remote included.

It does a great job of playing recordings, as long as they are
MPEG-2, and who want to watch live TV anyway.

Sure hard to beat for the $$$.