[mythtv-users] Remote Frontend Hardware

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 03:15:31 UTC 2006

--- Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Matt a mythtv user
> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at building a small, preferably flash
> memory based, system
> > so I can watch TV on a remote TV in a different
> room.  I would like to
> > see if anyone has had any good luck with some
> hardware. I know some
> > peaple have installed mythfrontend on some out of
> the box systems.
> >
> > any help would be nice
> >

> If you are talking about SD only you should look
> into the MediaMVP.
>
> The upgrade to 0.19 broke the live TV capability,
> but I think that
> will get resolved  in the not-too-distant future.
>
> You can find them on sale for $40 or less, they have
> no hard drive
> and have an IR remote included.
>
> It does a great job of playing recordings, as long
> as they are
> MPEG-2, and who want to watch live TV anyway.
>
> Sure hard to beat for the $$$.

Just out of curiosity, how do you figure that LiveTV
is broken in 0.19?  It works perfectly fine for me
(using SVN), using both my SD cards (PVR-250 and 350)
and my HDTV card (FusionHDTV 5 Lite).  My machine is
both a frontend and backend, but I also had success
with seperate frontend and backend.

-- Joe