[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Re: mythfilldatabase problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 02:14:35 UTC 2006

On 4/17/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/17/06, Carl Fongheiser <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/17/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>
> OK, so at this point I tried running mythfilldatabase again and it
> still failed. I ran the database check again and this time got no
> messages. Everything says OK.
>
> Thanks for your help. I'm definately confused!
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Solved - no disk space.

I use NFS storage that is remote to the mythbackend box. Apparently
there was a reboot of either the NFS server or the Mythbox and NFS
storage didn't get mounted. This filled the local drive and caused
problems as one can imagine.

Anyway, it's fixed now.

Thanks,
Mark
Solved, but not solved. This happened once before. Sometimes when
watching live TV Myth crashes and leaves behind ring buffer files. If
these files fill the drive then there is no room for Myth to upload
new program info and everythign goes haywire.

In this case MYth has filled the drive but it has somehow done it a
bit differently than before. I am currently looking for where the
problem might be.