[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 23:01:13 UTC 2006

On 4/17/06, Carl Fongheiser <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/17/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >    As of this morning mythfilldatabse is having trouble. It starts off
> > OK talking to Zap2It Labs, but then quickly dies with 100's of
> > messages like the one I've pasted here.
> >
> > DB Error (Inserting into dd_schedule):
> > Query was:
> > INSERT INTO dd_schedule
> >
> (programid,stationid,scheduletime,duration,repeat,stereo,subtitled,hdtv,closecaptioned,tvrating,partnumber,parttotal,endtime)
> >
> VALUES('SH3099430000','14752','2006-04-18T15:00:00','01:00:00',0,0,0,0,0,NULL,0,0,'2006-04-18T16:00:00');
> > Driver error was [2/1146]:
> > QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> > Database error was:
> > Table 'mythconverg.dd_schedule' doesn't exist
> >
> >    Any ideas on what to do to fix this?
>

> It looks like maybe your database has something wrong with it;  dd_schedule
> is a table that is dynamically created and removed when mythfilldatabase
> runs.  Try running "mysqlcheck -u mythtv -p -B mythconverg".
>
> Carl Fongheiser

Carl,
   You didn't state whether it matters to stop mythbackend before
doing this so I first tried it and got lots of messages like the one
below. I then did a reboot of the machine and with mythbackend running
did the check again and olny got this one message:
dragonfly ~ # mysqlcheck -u mythtv -p -B mythconverg
Enter password:
mythconverg.callsignnetworkmap                     OK
mythconverg.capturecard                            OK
mythconverg.cardinput                              OK
mythconverg.channel                                OK
mythconverg.codecparams                            OK
mythconverg.credits                                OK
mythconverg.dtv_multiplex                          OK
mythconverg.dtv_privatetypes                       OK
mythconverg.dvdinput                               OK
mythconverg.dvdtranscode                           OK
mythconverg.favorites                              OK
mythconverg.filemarkup                             OK
mythconverg.gallerymetadata                        OK
mythconverg.housekeeping                           OK
mythconverg.inuseprograms                          OK
mythconverg.jobqueue                               OK
mythconverg.jumppoints                             OK
mythconverg.keybindings                            OK
mythconverg.keyword                                OK
mythconverg.musicmetadata                          OK
mythconverg.musicplaylist                          OK
mythconverg.mythlog                                OK
mythconverg.networkiconmap                         OK
mythconverg.newssites                              OK
mythconverg.oldfind                                OK
mythconverg.oldprogram                             OK
mythconverg.oldrecorded                            OK
mythconverg.people                                 OK
mythconverg.pidcache                               OK
mythconverg.playgroup                              OK
mythconverg.profilegroups                          OK
mythconverg.program                                OK
mythconverg.programgenres                          OK
mythconverg.programrating                          OK
mythconverg.recgrouppassword                       OK
mythconverg.record                                 OK
mythconverg.recorded                               OK
mythconverg.recordedcredits                        OK
mythconverg.recordedmarkup                         OK
mythconverg.recordedprogram                        OK
mythconverg.recordedrating                         OK
mythconverg.recordingprofiles                      OK
mythconverg.recordmatch                            OK
mythconverg.schemalock                             OK
mythconverg.settings
warning  : 2 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
status   : OK
mythconverg.smartplaylist                          OK
mythconverg.smartplaylistcategory                  OK
mythconverg.smartplaylistitem                      OK
mythconverg.tvchain                                OK
mythconverg.videobookmarks                         OK
mythconverg.videocategory                          OK
mythconverg.videocountry                           OK
mythconverg.videogenre                             OK
mythconverg.videometadata                          OK
mythconverg.videometadatacountry                   OK
mythconverg.videometadatagenre                     OK
mythconverg.videosource                            OK
mythconverg.videotypes                             OK
mythconverg.websites                               OK
mythconverg.xvmc_buffer_settings                   OK
dragonfly ~ #

OK, so at this point I tried running mythfilldatabase again and it
still failed. I ran the database check again and this time got no
messages. Everything says OK.

Thanks for your help. I'm definately confused!

Cheers,
Mark