[mythtv-users] Nuxexport JobQueue Indexed AVI?

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:19:38 UTC 2006

I'm using Knoppmyth R5B7 with 0.19-fixes and a HD3000 for HD, and
Plextor ConvertX TV402U for SD just fine in Myth but I want to use an
alternative front end to view a subset of the recorded files.

I have the following in User Job to add an index to the nuv files so I
can view them in a hardware media player from Actiontec
(http://www.actiontec.com/products/entertainment/wdmp/index.php).

/usr/bin/avidemux --load ${filename} --rebuild-index --output-format
AVI --save ${filename}.tmp --quit > ${filename}.log

But, while this adds the index it changes the container rewrites the
header and the resulting file cannot be dealt with by nuvexport
anymore. I just need to add an index to the files recorded by the
TV402U to be able to fast forward and rewind. I'd like to keep the
file within myth so that it can be managed as a recording, so I don't
want a duplicate floating around.

Does anyone know of a command that I can use in a user job to add this
index yet keep the nuv container with the headers intact?

Thanks,
Eric