[mythtv-users] More strange problems.

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 06:34:10 UTC 2006

--- clemens at dwf.com wrote:

> OK, MythTV has been running OK  for several days.
> Today I went in to see of 'Dr Who' was among the
> programs I was recording
> (it didnt record on my VCR, and I wanted to see if I
> had lost the episode or if
> I had to try again on Sunday).
>
> I dropped out of mythfrontend, then restarted it,
> expecting to get to the menu
> where I could go check on what was being recorded.
> The BACKGROUND came up, but nothing else, nothing to
> choose.
> Leaving it in this state for 1/2 hour, nothing
> changes.
>
> OK, so Im a bit behind on SVN updates, I decided to
> do a 'svn update'
> then did the configure/make/install, and tried
> again.
>
> This time I get the textured background, with the
> word 'Main' across the top
> and the TV set at the right.  Still on options to
> choose.
>
> If I hit ENTER, I go to LiveTV, if I hit Esc I go to
> the exit screen, but
> never any options.
>
> Im sure this thing is working for other people, why
> do I seem to have such
> a hard time with it?????
>
> At the moment, all I can do is watch LiveTV, and
> thats not very exciting
>
> [[ 3.2GHz Pentium4, Linux Fedora4, (updated to
> current date), 2x pcHDTV5000,
> and one air2pc TV cards ]]
>

> --
>                                         Reg.Clemens
>                                         reg at dwf.com

You're not alone, I updated my new backend in
progress, and a new frontend to go along with it to
the latest SVN as of tonight, and saw the same thing.
I believe it's a glitch in the new OpenGL UI that
Isaac is working on.

I did notice with my build that I could at least get
into the Watch Recordings screen, as well as the
General->Appearances screen, so it's likely only with
the main (and sub) menu(s) at this point.

I haven't had time to look into it (as I had some
stuff to record, so I put the old backend/frontend
combo into service).  The build on that machine works
(mostly fine), but it is quite old (probably a month
or so, now).

Thems the breaks of SVN (pun intended).  :)

-- Joe