[mythtv-users] Adding sort order selection to MythGallery

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Sun Apr 16 05:04:16 UTC 2006

I have been working on adding alternate sort orders to MythGallery as a way to
gain some insight to the code.  I want to make this available, but I have two
outstanding issues:

1. How do I force a screen update when changing the sort order in the settings
menu within MythGallery?

2. How can I add the settings item to the database the first time the patched
code is run?  Right now I've added the value manually via mysql.

Any pointers to examples of how to do the above (or outright answers) would be
appreciated.  Also, I currently have the following sort orders set up:

1. by name (current method)
2. by reverse name
3. by time (most recent first)
4. by reverse time (oldest first)

Does anyone have any suggestions for other sort orders?  The supported sort
criteria can be found in qdir.h (on FC3 /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/qdir.h).  I
realize this is a minor change, but it's something I thought might be useful.

Feedback is welcome.

-- Harry O.