Raviv Levi raviv.levi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 19:20:15 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Felix on that one...
We should give the user the oppertunity to choose whether he wants to view
buffered TV (with all its advantages) or or plain TV (bit streamdump from
the HW) - it can even be under a compilation flag...
What we shouldn't do is  to decide for the user how he or she are going to
watch TV.

Isn't that what LINUX is all about - freedome of choice..?

BTW: in the windows SW I got with my Hauppauge 150 I am able to view TV and
record quite smoothly.... (I can't explain it...).

Thanks,

-rlv