[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Sat Apr 15 05:21:06 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 10:43 pm, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2006, at 10:31 PM, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> > Could you zip and attach your Xorg.0.log and xdpyinfo output to a
> > post.  I am
> > curious to see the log output (ConnectedMonitor threw an error for
> > me).  TIA!
> >

> > -- Harry O.
>
> Hope this makes more sense to you than it does to me. :)

Thanks!

You are not running at 800x600.  Both the xdpyinfo and the Xorg.0.log show the
resolution at 640x480.  Also, you are not using 100dpi fonts (which causes
problems with Myth themes).  It doesn't look like any part of your xorg.conf
is getting rejected, so there are no problems with the options you have set.
They just don't produce the results you've claimed.  This isn't a dig, just
an observation.

If you want to get 800x600 the only way I've found to do it is to set the
TVOutFormat option to HD480i.  If you try that also set the DPI option to
"100 x 100" so the themes look correct.  Let me know if doing that changes
how Myth looks on your box.

-- Harry O.