[mythtv-users] My pvr-250 thinks it's a radio??

Andy mythtv at gzo.dk
Fri Apr 14 21:55:31 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 20:30, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> They should have major/minor numbers of 81 and 64-127,
> respectively--regardless of name.  Also, they could be in a subdirectory.
>
> ls -alR /dev/ |
> grep -E "81,[[:space:]]+(`seq -s '|' 64 127`)"

> Should find the devices (if they exist).  If not, you can make them (at
> least temporarily to see who's using the device and if you can listen to
> the radio and close the device) with the following.  Change the first
> "radio" after chgrp to something else if you don't have a "radio" group.
>
> # Radio devices (64-127)
> for minor in `seq 64 127`; do
>   dev_num=$(( ${minor} - 64 ))
>   mknod -m 666 radio${dev_num} c 81 ${minor}
>   chgrp radio radio${dev_num}
> done

Whoa... You're right. There actually are a lot of radio devices in there..

I have made some changes and been trying to fiddle with ivtv, so i am not able
to experiment with it to night. But I thank you very much for the
direction-pointing  :-)

I will post any solutions i find for archiving...

Regards..