[mythtv-users] MythTV channel buffer

itsmebcc itsmebcc at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 22:35:14 UTC 2006

OK..  I do not necessarily aggree with the OP on this one, but.....  Saying
that using MythTV to watch Live TV is using it wrong is just plain ignorant.
Most of what I watch is recorded stuff, I have at least 5 things a day that
record.  But I have a daughter that also uses Myth TV and minus the movies
that I setup and record for her she switches between 4 or 5 channels all the
time.  The ringbuffer problem..  er...... issue is something that has been
discussed in depth in the past so the OP is not completly off base.  I did
use VDR before mythtv, and for watching live tv it beats it hands down.  But
for me to watch anything other than live tv (trying to make it have pvr
functionality) was a huge hassle.  All in all I like MythTV a lot better
than anything else I have used out there for PVR stuff.  But no need for
everyone to slam the guy and say there is nothing wrong at all......
because he is not the only one that thinks that the ringbuffer issue needs
to be improved.......