[mythtv-users] MythTV channel buffer

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Fri Apr 14 21:13:45 UTC 2006

Niels Dybdahl wrote:

> I never use the direct TV. Why should I ? MythTV has recorded shows
> for me that I find much more interesting than anything that is
> currently on.

> So I would not care if the "live tv" was completely removed. But I
> understand other people watch TV differently than I do, but I do not
> understand why they need MythTV for that.

  My Mythbox is the only DVB-T receiver I have. If I want to watch a
live DVB-T program I HAVE to use the mythbox.

  Or are you suggesting I go out and buy a STB and have another box
sitting in the pile so I can watch live TV ?

  Side note - TV sets with integrated digital tuners pretty well don't
exist - a few at the high end have integrated HD receivers, but the
majority of screens either don't have a tuner or are analogue.

  My Analogue reception is noisy and ghosted, My DVB reception is near
perfect.
  So my tuner is MythTV.