[mythtv-users] MythTV channel buffer

Felix Rubinstein felixru at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 17:36:50 UTC 2006

I don't compain, it's just the first time I encounter a limitation in Linux!

Once again, I don't want just to watch TV but instead to watch TV under
MythTV, what if I watch TV and switch my receiver to another channel,
instead of seeing the new channel right away, I wait for 4 secs new channel
to appear.
People don't you ever thought that it's merely a showstopper? My point was
that it's the first time I was shamed Windows outperformed Linux and why,
because no one ever took some time to think about more optimal algorithm.

The most important feature doesn't work correctly, don't you think so, don't
you use S-Video or don't you switch channels? Or I should waste time to
correct the code?

MythTV doesn't know the channel was switched, for it it's just a stream of
bits, all I want is just:
mplayer /dev/video0
and that this stream to be buffered for me to go forth and back.

How can I use MythTV if I need to wait 4 secs every time I switch to the new
channel???