[mythtv-users] lirc and lirc_mceusb2 and irw

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 20:31:55 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Robert Daniel Firu <dannyfiru at gmail.com> wrote:

> whether I have the right remote configuration file specified or not... irw
> should still spit out some sort of number based on what key I press... it is
> not.  I do however, have a conf file specified and it is the correct one for
> my remote.

Sorry, but that's not the case.  irw only tells you what lirc knows about

Your lircd.conf should be in /etc, and hopefully contains the following
text, along with a lot of other stuff:

begin remote

  name mceusb
  bits           16
  flags RC6|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

Also, do you have the lirc_mceusb2 driver loaded?  Did the driver print a
message acknowledging that it recognized the receiver?  It should look
something like this:

lirc_mceusb2[3]: SMK eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb3:3

Carl Fongheiser