[mythtv-users] lirc and lirc_mceusb2 and irw

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Thu Apr 13 19:10:29 UTC 2006

>Hi I've setup my mythtv box and it works very nicely... however I can't get lirc to
>work with my mce remote.  This is the remote that is bundled with pvr-150MCE
>from best buy.
>
>#service lircd start
>
>starts up just fine and checking dmesg gives confirmation of driver loading however
> irw gives no output.  i'm using fc 5

I use the lirc_mceusb2 driver with my Microsoft Media Center remote. Are you sure
you're using the correct driver? Maybe the mceusb2 modules works with that one too,
but that would be news to me - I've never used the PVR-150 remote.

For info on the Microsoft remote, see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote