[mythtv-users] OT? Hardware Differences

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 13 17:56:54 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 April 1989 18:27, R. G. Newbury wrote:
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Stephen Boddy wrote:
> > Well one hardware difference is that your computer has the system time
> > apparently set to 1989!!! That or you're a time traveller...
>
> Ahh, but this is the laptop which does travel a lot.
>
> The problem drives are in the desktop. The second drive is over-kill
> there are I intend on moving it, but it is slow...for no discernible
> reason.

Erm. Sorry, wasn't really paying that much attention, but I was trying to be a
smart-arse about the fact that every(? but quite a lot at least) e-mail you
send to this list has a date of 1989.

So either:
a) you haven't yet twigged that your clock/system is badly misconfigured,

b) the battery for the rtc in your laptop is dead and you can't be bothered to
put the time right every time you reboot,
(You could set-up a script to try and sync the time to an ntp server when it
sees a network connection)

or c) you really are living in the past!

Could you please correct this, or my OCD (obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is
going to start kicking in!

--
Steve Boddy