[mythtv-users] VIA MII 1000 and PVR 150

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Thu Apr 13 16:23:52 UTC 2006

Hi All,
Not lloking to be deterrred from my path at this point, but wanted to track
my attempt to get a working myth system.

What I will be using:

VIA MII 1000 Mini-ITX MoBo, C3 1G processor
1G RAM
120G HD
PVR-150 (Model 1045)
Using the onboard unichrome S-Vid and S/PDIF out. (Not too sure if straight
Xorg VIA drivers is enough for XvMC or if I should use Openchrome's)
Morex Venus Case (For future expansion aka, more hard drive)
Fedora Core 5
ATRPM's for myth-suite(I may end up recompilig some packages to more meet my
needs)

This is not here to start a flame war, I have a very extensive linux
background and I am set in whatI have chosen(mostly because it is what I had
laying around)

If you have direct experience with any of this, I would love to hear it.

I will be documenting my experience and hope to help out in anyone elses
future endever with a setup like/similar to this.

Thanks and wish me luck,
Jake T.