[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Apr 13 14:01:35 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> well, I rebuilt mythfrontend enabled XvMC and OpenGL (and applied a
> patch I need to test...)
>
> Well, XvMC works, beautifully. Xorg uses no CPU now, Mythfrontend uses
> ~10% less than before. Overall nice. The OSD is black and white, and I
> get a lot of stuttering when they display, but this is way beyond what
> I was able to do before. It works for both 1080i and 720p which is
> nice. OpenGL seems to just cause problems with or without XvMC, so
> I've disabled it.

To get XvMC and OpenGL sync to work together on my system I had to
DISable 'Sync to VBlank' in nvidia-settings, then enable OpenGL sync in
MythFE, and now I have working XvMC, OpenGL sync, low(ish) CPU usage,
and no stutters. This is with all SD material, but I have a DVB card to
get working on now... :)

Tom