[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 00:41:32 UTC 2006

On 4/12/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> > ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-8756/README/readme.txt
>
> That's it!!!!
>
> I tried everything I could think of to find that URL, but I never
> thought of trying an all-caps directory with an all lower-case filename.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

well, I rebuilt mythfrontend enabled XvMC and OpenGL (and applied a
patch I need to test...)

Well, XvMC works, beautifully. Xorg uses no CPU now, Mythfrontend uses
~10% less than before. Overall nice. The OSD is black and white, and I
get a lot of stuttering when they display, but this is way beyond what
I was able to do before. It works for both 1080i and 720p which is
nice. OpenGL seems to just cause problems with or without XvMC, so
I've disabled it.

Anyone have an idea of how to "solve" the OSD stutter when XvMC is enabled?

--
Steve