[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 12 19:49:24 UTC 2006

Aha!  Jeff, you're having the same issue I am with the same hardware
(PVR-350 with no character device in /dev), only with a different kernel
and a different distro.  Exactly what version of lirc is it you're
running Jeff?

Mine:
lirc-0.8.1-cvs20060325_57.rhfc5.at
lirc-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5-0.8.1-cvs20060325_57.rhfc5.at
video4linux-20060410-70.rhfc5.at (this is so recent because the version
older than this had a module missing a kernel symbol).