[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 14:44:42 UTC 2006

I've had a really similar problem lately.  I have a PVR350, and after  a
recent upgrade (including a new kernel), followed by reboot, the remote
stopped working.  At first, I got lines in /var/log/messages with every
keypress, but the 'Raw' values didn't match the values in my /etc/lircd.conf
file, the last 2 digits matched, but the 2 digits before that were off.

I then did another apt-get dist-upgrade to make sure I had the latest
everything for the new kernel.  now I don't even see those lines in
/var/log/messages.

The other odd thing is I don't seem to have a character device in /dev, only
the socket device.  What needs to be running to create the character device?

BTW, I'm running FC3 on this box.

Jeff