[mythtv-users] Mythtv Svn revision questions

rick rbonafied at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 19:33:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

Please forgive my newbness.  Recently, I decided to look at the SVN
releases.  After looking on the wiki, I saw there were two recommended
locations for obtaining myth source updates, namely: trunk &
release-0-19-fixes.  I decided to pull down both sets.  I figured as a
general user, the thing I was probably after was the fixes.

After doing an update of the fixes, I saw it display a revision number
of: 9688.  A few file updates arrived.  For kicks, I decided to also do
an update of the trunk and got the same revision of: 9688.  However,
this update caused significantly more files to come down.  I should
mention that prior to doing these updates, I was at a common revision
for both code bases.

Questions:
1) I don't wish to be on the cutting edge, so is release-0-19-fixes the
one for me?
2) Why so many difference in file numbers between the "trunk" and the
release-0-19-fixes at the same revision?
3) Am I correct in assuming the meaning of what a revision is?  I would
expect the same files at the same "versions" for a common revision.
4) How do I see a changelog for the revision?

For what it's worth, I tried look at the trac browser and was a bit
confused how files related to a revision.

Thanks for your patience!