[mythtv-users] XBOX delay on video startup normal?

Ryan Oleston ryan.oleston at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 14:12:51 UTC 2006

When I press the Watch TV button on my xbox frontend, it takes a good 10-15
seconds for TV
to appear. The same thing happens when I watch previously recorded
video. However, once it does start up, I am able to rewind/fast
forward without any delay whatsoever. The picture is perfect as well. I
don't experience these delays
while using my frontend that resides on the backend server.

Is this delay normal?  If it isn't what are some possible causes?

Backend & Frontend: FC3,mythtvsuite .19 from axel's rpm, amd athlon xp 3200,
500 MB ram, 4 200 GB Hard drives in a volume group
Xbox Frontend       : *xFedora Pre-Installed Loopback-FS Files for Test 3,
mythfrontend .19 installed from yum,NFS shared from backend
Network:  100 Mb/s linksys wrt54g router (using wired connections)

Thanks!
Ryan*