[mythtv-users] XBOX delay on video startup normal?

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 22:53:00 UTC 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 09.12, Ryan Oleston wrote:

> When I press the Watch TV button on my xbox frontend, it takes a
> good 10-15 seconds for TV
> to appear. The same thing happens when I watch previously recorded
> video.

I have something similar going on, except it's a delay of more like
five to seven seconds. It could just be the amount of time it takes
the Backend to start recording, then have mplayer initiate a
networked link to that file, fill the cache, then play.

> However, once it does start up, I am able to rewind/fast
> forward without any delay whatsoever. The picture is perfect as
> well. I don't experience these delays
> while using my frontend that resides on the backend server.

Well, that rules out the back-end software as being a prime suspect.