[mythtv-users] Transcode

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 12 03:27:33 UTC 2006

* On Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 10:19:24PM -0500, Andrew wrote:
> The problem is that we have a duplicate transcode enable
> flag in the settings.  You tell it to enable transcode in the

You need both settings on to enable autotranscode.  The setting
in the recording profile says "allow autotranscoding of recordings
made with this recording profile."  The setting in the scheduled
recording editor says "allow autotranscoding of recordings
made with this schedule."  So, you don't have to transcode
all recordings made with the "default" recording profile, you can
pick and choose which schedules you want transcoded, so you don't
have to waste time transcoding the News but can transcode the
latest episode of The Unit even though they're made with the same
recording profile.

--
Chris