[mythtv-users] MythTv component out HOWTO

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 15:23:14 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
>
> > Strange, it should be the same. My TV its the same whether I use my
> > DCT6200 straight, the internal tuner, or my FX5200.
> >
> > Are you using the NVidia component output or DVI?
>
> Component out, as my TV is an older Samsung that only has component
> input (no DVI or VGA).  I have to manually move the cables to do this,
> as on the two component inputs one is 1080i only, the other is 480i/480p
> only.  Eventually I want to sell this TV and get the 61" with 1080p
> inputs, but for now I'm stuck with this one.  I do have a transcoder and
> a 5200 card I can go back to.  I couldn't get it to work well before,
> which is why I got the 6200, thinking it would "just work" like most
> people's SVIDEO/COMPOSITE solutions.  Perhaps now my skills have
> improved enough to make the transcoder work this time.

It could be the method the FX6200 uses to create its Composite signal?
the transcoder should work if yo uuse a proper modeline with the 5200,
of which there are many to try on the wiki.

But yes, it may be time to buy a 1080p input tv ;-)
(or so thats what most of the men here tell their wives)

--
Steve