[mythtv-users] Transcode

Andrew lists at heathsworld.com
Tue Apr 11 01:46:02 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Sat Apr 08, 2006 at 10:25:07AM -0500, Andrew wrote:
>
>>2006-04-08 10:20:16.641 Unknown video codec:
>>2006-04-08 10:20:16.644 Transcoding /mnt/store//1011_20060407213000.mpg failed
>

> This error message indicates that you either didn't setup your
> transcoding profile properly, or have database issues.
> There should be a codec name listed there, since one isn't,
> I assume you didn't configure the transcoding profile you
> are using.
>
> --
> Chris

Ok, I remember that one now.  I have that fixed and transcoding works on demand, but not in the schedule.  I select a
show to record, tell it to comm flag AND transcode to low quality.  It will then record the show, next flag commercials,
but never transcode it, or even queue it up for transcoding.  Then if I go into job options and select "Begin
Transcoding", it will trancode it fine.  What is the trick to making the scheduler do the transocde???  Do I have a
borked sql DB?

Most shows I want full mpg2 quality, but some things like kids shows I want recorded and transcoded to Low Quality
without my manual intervention on every recording.

-Thanks in advance