[mythtv-users] Recording schedule going crazy

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 10 21:38:04 UTC 2006

On 04/10/2006 04:47 PM, Sean Aldrich wrote:
> When I go into the options and schedule
> info to show the "upcoming episodes" they are there, but not marked as
> being recorded.  I found that if I change the type of recording from
> "record at any time on this channel" to "record at any time on any
> channel" and then back again, the episodes get recognized.  (Yes, I
> verified that the channel was the same.)  The crazy thing is that this
> has happened more than once with some of the shows.

Sounds like your channels got new ID's (i.e. because the old ones still
existed).  If using analog TV with DataDirect, I highly recommend
clearing all your channels and re-creating them to ensure they get "the
right" chanid (i.e. the default value each channel should have gotten).
You should clear all the channels from all the video sources to make
sure everything works.  Also, if you ended up getting a new video
source, you may be best off just deleting all your video sources and
re-configuring (make sure you select the "Delete All.." button in
mythtv-setup or it won't work).

Mike