[mythtv-users] 0.18 gets stuck on bad channels

Kevin Bailey ke-tivo at retriever.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 10 17:32:34 UTC 2006

I'm using mythtv 0.18 (and a 3200+, 6200 PCIe, OTA on pcHDTV)
simply because that's what Dapper gives me. When I change to a
channel that is, at that moment, hard to receive, mythtv gives
me a blank screen for a few seconds, then pops back to the main
menu. Selecting "Watch TV" simply repeats the process - blank
screen, delay, main menu - even though I have it configured to
show the channel guide.

I can't change the channel while it's trying to synchronize. The
only way to get off the channel is to shut down the backend,
reconfigure it to start on a different channel, and restart it.

Is there another way to change the channel that I'm missing ?
What would be better is if the channel guide simply showed a
blank PIP.

If not, does 0.19 fix this problem ? Just wondering if upgrading
would be worthwhile. Otherwise, 0.18 is fine.