[mythtv-users] Stuttering FE

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 10 16:39:06 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 10:31 AM, James Oltman wrote:

> It should also be noted that when this stuttering/mini hang
> happens, I can hit the "i" button on my remote, which would bring
> up the OSD, and it  also doesn't pop up until after the stutter
> finishes.

So do your logs give any information? What is your CPU load when this
is happening? What about the network connecting the two machines? I'd
think the first thing to do is narrow it down to a FE, BE or network
problem.

Can you run a FE on the BE machine and if so does that work OK?

Normally when it was working well and then changes you just want to
look at "what changed", but you have changed so much that you might
as well look at it as a new situation.