[mythtv-users] Troubles controlling multiple cable boxes

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 12:54:21 UTC 2006

On 4/9/06, Kichigai Mentat <kichigai at comcast.net> wrote:

Doesn't Linux identify serial ports as /dev/stty#? I'd check that out
> myself, but that's kind of hard with an iBook (no serial ports to
> test!).
>
> Also, can't you try to off-set the problem by using the IR port on
> your PVR-150? Or did you get one without the IR port?

Yes, and there are four listed: /dev/stty1-4.  By my understanding from a
serial port howto I found online, Linux automatically tries to configure the
first four serial ports, but I could be mistaken.

The issue is that I am unable to locate the base address and IRQ in use for
the serial ports to properly configure lirc, and using the defaults results
in an irexec error.

As far as the IR port on the PVR-150, I am already using that for my remote
control input, so I'm stuck there.