[mythtv-users] resume videos?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 09:10:36 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, mp3geek <mp3geek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still currently using meedio (for windows), has cool "must-have"
> feature, it allows you to pause and resume video files such as divx, xvid,
> mpeg etc. It stores the information in a database, so when the file is
> re-opened it ask the user to either resume or start the file from the
> beginning. It'd be a *really* nice feature to have.

What Myth does, is allows you to define what program to play back
files with. For example, you can play ISO's and DVD's with Xine, .sdp
descriptors with vlc, and everything else with MPlayer. But Myth
extends this by allowing you to use it's internal player as well. And
the internal player (IIRC) does allow you to bookmark video files.

Though, I'm sure if I got that wrong someone will correct me in fairly
short order.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston