[mythtv-users] how to verify lirc native mode

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 07:47:49 UTC 2006

On 09/04/06, Scott Petler <scottp at sonic.net> wrote:

 I'm having some difficulty getting mythfrontend to respond to my remote
 using
 lirc.
 debian 2.6.15.6 i686
 mythtv-0.19
 lirc 0.8.0

 I start up lircd and monitor the log file and can use irw and get the
 following  messages in my lirc.log file:

 /usr/local/sbin/lircd -n -L /tmp/lirc.log
 lircd: lircd(mceusb2) ready
 lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
 lircd: removed client
 lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
 lircd: removed client
lircd: caught signal

Here is the output from irw for a few button pushes on my remote:

irw

0000000000000001 00 Select myremote
0000000000000018 00 One myremote
0000000000000019 00 Two myremote
000000000000001a 00 Three myremote

When I start mythfrontend and make sure it has keyboard focus (I can
scroll up and down on the menu items from the keyboard), I press
buttons on the remote and nada.

Shouldn't and "accepted new client" message appear on the lirc log file when
mythfrontend is started?  Or is it when a button is pressed?

I "thought" I had compiled mythtv with the use lirc configuration option,
./configure gives
.
.
# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support      yes
Video4Linux sup. yes
.
.
It seems like myth is not "really" using lirc natively, is there a way
to check this?
I've tried running myth using -D all and there is no indication that the
remote
is being detected.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Scott

--------

I had this problem over the weekend. There was another thread about
lirc last week and one of the suggestions was to check the file
format, to ensure that it wasn't in DOS format. Running dos2unix over
the file solved the problem for me. Wouldn't hurt to try as it
shouldn't break anything...

HTH

Veronica