[mythtv-users] scheduling not using all three tuners?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 10 04:07:56 UTC 2006

On 04/09/06 23:53, Marco Nelissen wrote:

>But in this case, he has 3 HD tuners. There was no mention of priority, so I assume they have the same priority

They don't (at least not to Myth).  Myth needs a deterministic approach
for scheduling, so if all cards are given the same priority, the card
(technically input) with the lowest cardinputid has highest priority.

>(I wouldn't be surprised if they're 3 identical cards even). So in that case, shouldn't myth have used all 3 tuners when scheduling, thereby allowing the start and end padding to take place?

No, because the global pre-/post-roll is not meant for padding shows.
It's meant for starting/stopping capture cards.  Search for "soft
padding" to read about the issues involved and why it hasn't been
changed to work like most think it should.

Mike