[mythtv-users] scheduling not using all three tuners?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 15:12:39 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/09/06 23:53, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>
> >But in this case, he has 3 HD tuners. There was no mention of priority, so I assume they have the same priority
> >
> They don't (at least not to Myth).  Myth needs a deterministic approach
> for scheduling, so if all cards are given the same priority, the card
> (technically input) with the lowest cardinputid has highest priority.
>
> >(I wouldn't be surprised if they're 3 identical cards even). So in that case, shouldn't myth have used all 3 tuners when scheduling, thereby allowing the start and end padding to take place?
> >
> No, because the global pre-/post-roll is not meant for padding shows.
> It's meant for starting/stopping capture cards.  Search for "soft
> padding" to read about the issues involved and why it hasn't been
> changed to work like most think it should.

then this is why it fails. Here's the thing, I want what the function
says it does in the setup page, and not what it really does. Whether
its an option somewhere else or not.

I want a "pre-roll" when possible. some shows I do have set to start
recording 1min early, for ones that I MUST have this pre-roll. Others
I want to be done, "when the possibility exists".

So is there a way to do ^that^?

I'll have to go back to that option page to see what the exact wording
is, and submit a ticket to clarify the text displayed to make this
clear.

--
Steve