[mythtv-users] New to HD, which nvidia card

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Apr 10 01:53:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 13:25 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> I have a 6200 and it works fine with XVideo playback in MythTV,
> but the 5200 is the best value if you want to use XvMC, since
> as a 5xxx card it supports Chromakey OSD. Someday I hope to add
> support for something similar on 6xxx cards, but it is pretty
> low on my TODO at the moment.
>
> -- Daniel

Do I need to use XvMC?  I have an AMD 64 and have never had load issues.
On the other hand, I will be setting this up soon with another capture
card so it could potentially at any time be capturing 2 streams (one in
HD), playing one HD feed, and streaming SDTV to a remote frontend.  I
guess I should plan on using XvMC.

--
Brad Crotchett, RHCE
brad at bradandkim.net