[mythtv-users] analog capture using hybrid card

Steve Briggs zzybaloobah at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 00:42:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:16 am, Paul Wilson wrote:
> Has anyone got good results using V4L drivers and MythTV?
> ie I'm getting some bad "tearing" using these drivers with my Tuner
> card. (DNTV-Live Pro)
> Note tvtime is alot better but I've got no idea if it uses the same
> capture method as mythtv.
>
> I also see when I goto the video "phone" screen I see my capture too but
> no tearing.
> Any advice/help would be appreciated.
>
> I tried the V4L mailing list but no response.

I have 2 capture machines, both with Athlon XP 2000s, 512 MB, and a
Hauppage  Win-TV card with the V4L driver.  Both use a /video directory
NFS mounted off a central server.
I don't have any problems and am perfectly happy with software encoding.

Sounds really strange that you can capture in other apps but not MythTV.

Steve