[mythtv-users] New Mythtv/Plextor TV402U installation, some questions

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 22:54:48 UTC 2006

Thank you for your response.

On 4/9/06, Dale E. Martin <dale at the-martins.org> wrote:
> Are you using myth 0.19?

Yes.  I tried to compile svn but the compile failed.

> > But today, somehow, only channel 5 worked.  I had seven or so channels
> > typed in.
>
> What do you mean that the other channels don't work?  Do they not tune in,
> or you can't even try to access them?

Cannot change the channel.

> > Also, I might mention that previous installations led to unusual,
> > corrupted video output of several types to the screen.
>
> If it's all garbled green, that is a classic symptom of not setting up
> recording profiles in the front-end setup section (for Plextor USB tuners
> anyways.)  You need to set the default profiles and live TV profiles at
> least.

This was one of the symptoms, and I saw it on the new install
yesterday.  Yes, setting up the recording profile fixed that.  Some
other types of corruption included square blocks seemingly randomly
scattered (like a DVD that is out of sync briefly), blue and red
splashes on the black screen, moving (that didn't go away when I
unplugged the unit!), and vertical stripes.  These are not happening
now.