[mythtv-users] New Mythtv/Plextor TV402U installation, some questions

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sun Apr 9 13:32:34 UTC 2006

Are you using myth 0.19?

> But today, somehow, only channel 5 worked.  I had seven or so channels
> typed in.

What do you mean that the other channels don't work?  Do they not tune in,
or you can't even try to access them?

> Also, I might mention that previous installations led to unusual,
> corrupted video output of several types to the screen.

If it's all garbled green, that is a classic symptom of not setting up
recording profiles in the front-end setup section (for Plextor USB tuners
anyways.)  You need to set the default profiles and live TV profiles at
least.

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org