[mythtv-users] AC3 passthrough abnormality

Charles Waddell daniel_waddell01 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 9 18:31:41 UTC 2006

Thanks, I did what you said and used Xine to play the recording. The same
problem happened, so I hooked my tv up to my receiver with optical audio out
and it seems to be a problem with the AC3 encoded audio stream. When the tv
passes it through to the receiver the speaker configuration is still
affected.

--Daniel

 > I recently added satelite speakers to my sound system (3.1 to 6.1). I
have
 > alsa configured for AC3 passthrough, and it works flawlessly in Xine
playing
 > DVDs. However when I have surround sound through mythtv, the speaker
output
 > is all mixed up. The most obvious mixup is that the center channel audio
 > outputs through the left satelite, but all speakers are outputting audio.
 > currently have /dev/adsp set as the audio output device and have audio
 > optical output to my receiver. Here are some settings you might need to
help
 > me out, I am lost on this one.

Wait, your using AC3 passthrough and the speaker output is on the
wrong channels? Myth shouldn't be touching the AC3 stream if your
using passthrough. Have you tried playing back the Myth recordings in
mplayer to see if the behaviour changes?

--
Steve