[mythtv-users] does mythtranscode affect audio levels?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Apr 8 21:46:02 UTC 2006

* On Fri Apr 07, 2006 at 10:52:10AM +0300, Osma Ahvenlampi wrote:
> How about putting it in an MP4 container? At least ffmpeg has no
> problems creating one, so I'd expect libavformat to be fine with it. The
> benefit of this would be compatibility to most media players out of the
> box, and upwards compatibility to H.264 video (which HD is moving
> towards, if it hasn't already).

I put a note on my TODO to check it out to see if I can make it record
a mp4 container and have it still work properly during playback, etc..

Thanks.

Right now I'm trying to get the mpeg ps/ts containers working
properly.  Myth and mplayer play them back fine, but tcprobe shows
differences in my file vs a file I've run through mencoder and the
mencoder version works fine on my mvp, but my file doesn't.

Once I've got that figured out I'll try the mp4 container and if that
works I'll make it an available option.  If it does, then the psp
container may also since it is created using the same
libavformat/movenc.c file, so people _might_ be able to record
straight to psp format.

--
Chris