[mythtv-users] does mythtranscode affect audio levels?

Osma Ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Fri Apr 7 07:52:10 UTC 2006

On to, 2006-04-06 at 00:14 -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> It doesn't appear that libavformat will let me put a MPEG4
> stream inside a mpeg-ps file since it expects that to be
> VCD/SVCD/DVD/VOB compatible.

How about putting it in an MP4 container? At least ffmpeg has no
problems creating one, so I'd expect libavformat to be fine with it. The
benefit of this would be compatibility to most media players out of the
box, and upwards compatibility to H.264 video (which HD is moving
towards, if it hasn't already).

Or in more precise terms, using the ISO 14496-14/15 container for -2
(ASP, aka h.263 aka xvidcore) or -10 (AVC, aka h.264 aka x264) codec.
Should be just as streamable as MPEG2-PS/TS container, so a pretty good
replacement for Nuppel in general (except for the case of "dumb" analog
frame grabbers and MJPEG recording).

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>    http://www.fishpool.org