[mythtv-users] How To make a mpg into something the family DVDplayer can read

Miles Frederick miles at smilocomp.ca
Sun Apr 9 00:39:30 UTC 2006

Depending on how the mpg was recorded (in my case dvb) when demuxing /
remuxing the audio will lose sync.  In windows, DVDlab will usually do a
good job with no loss of audio sync as long as the original mpg is not cut
or edited.  Commercials can be dealt with by flagging a chapter at the
beginning and end and then setting it to skip the chapter.  The DVD player
will just skip the commercials at play time.

  Usually however I prefer to cut commercials and transcode to a real dvd
compliant mpeg2.  For this the nuvexport scripts work excellent.  It can
load the cut tables directly from myth and so far a/v sync has been
excellent.  I usually just ssh in and run screen, then get a batch of stuff
going and ctrl-a d and the next day they're all ready to burn :)